AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY LIST OF AVAILABLE COURSES| ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
Below are the available accredited programmes at the Ambrose Alli University (AAU). The list is provided to help students make a perfect choice of the university they want. Just like other tertiary institutions, AAU has a triple mandate of Teaching, Researching, and Community Services but not limited to these.
In fact, she goes beyond the three mentioned mandates. As a matter of fact, the university has a lot of packages for her students and wishes to produce top scholars in the country. It is a State University, accredited and approved by NUC. She offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
This article is provided to satisfy your curiosity for the knowledge of courses offered in the University. Check also for the requirements needed to apply for admission.
Below are the available programmes (courses) in AAU. The page will be updated as soon as any programme (s) is /are introduced into the system.
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
-Agricultural Economics and Extension
FACULTY OF ARTS
-Religious Management and Cultural Studies
-Theatre and Media Arts
FACULTY OF BASIC SCIENCE
-Department of Anatomy
-Department of Medical Biochemistry
-Department of Physiology
FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCE
-Department of Medicine
-Department of Community Medicine & Primary Health Care
-Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
-Department of Pharmacology And Therapeutics
-Department of Pathological Sciences
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
-Curriculum and Instruction
-Educational Foundations and Management
-Guidance and Counselling
-Physical and Health Education
-Vocation and Technical Education
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
-Electrical Electronic & Computer Engineering
-Industrial & Production Engineering
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
-Fine and Applied Arts
-Geography and Environmental Management
FACULTY OF LAW
-Commercial and Industrial Law
-Private and Property Law
-Jurisprudence and International Law
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
-Banking and Finance
FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCE
-Mathematics and Statistics
FACULTY OF LIFE SCIENCE
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE
-Library and Information Science
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
-Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
-Faculty of Clinical Sciences
AAU UTME Admission Requirements.
- An applicant must have at least five (5) credits in any of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE) ( West African Examinations Council (WAEC), National Examinations Council (NECO)) or equivalents at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to the course of study.
- Except in the cases of candidate for admission to the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law, and for the Bachelor of Arts in Education in the Faculty of Education, one of the credit passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in Mathematics.
- UTME scores of at least 180 and above (subject to change).
- Post-UTME screening score of not less than 180 (subject to change).
- In addition to the above, candidates must make Akwa Ibom State University 1st or 2nd choice to qualify to write the Post-UTME Screening Test.
- Candidates who score less than 180 at the Post-UTME screening test are not eligible for admission into any programme in AAU irrespective of any higher scores obtained at UTME.
- For final selection into programmes, the candidate’s average scores from the UTME and Post-UTME screening Tests are used.
The cut-off point for admission varies from one programmed to another.
AAU Direct Entry Requirement.
- Minimum of credit passes in five subjects including English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level or equivalent qualification.
- Either A’ levels, OND or NCE in relevant subject areas.
- An acceptable score in the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
- Final selection is based on a combination of the candidate’s certificates and score in the direct entry screening test.
Please, if you find this information useful and wishes to share with your friends, do not hesitate to hit the share button below.