BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA) ABROAD SCHOLARSHIP AWARD FOR NIGERIANS (FULLY FOUNDED)
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) Division Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) hereby invites eligible applicants for its 2019/2020 abroad based scholarship award. For the past years, the government of Nigeria has been on Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) with some foreign countries in order to improve on our human resource. Read further to get details on how to apply.
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION FEDERAL SCHOLARSHIP BOARD
COUNTRIES WITH BEA WITH NIGERIA
- South Korea
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT FOR BEA SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
i) Undergraduate Scholarship
- It is mandatory that all applicants must have at least five(5) distinctions (As and Bs) in their Senior Secondary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- The age of the certificate should not be more than one year for African countries and not more than two years for Europeans countries.
- Age is limited from 18 – 20 years
ii) Postgraduate Scholarship
- All Ph.D. and Masters’ Degree applicants should hold a Masters’ Degree and First Degree with First Class (1St Class) or at least Second Class Upper (2:1), respectively.
- Applicants who are previous Foreign Awards recipients need to complete at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practices in Nigeria.
- All Applicants must complete N.Y.S.C. or obtained an Exemption Certificate where applicable.
- A prove of the willingness of the employer to release applicant (where necessary) is desirable.
QUALIFIED FIELDS OF STUDY FOR BEA SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
A) For Undergraduate Level:
- Natural sciences
- Information Technology
- Medicine and Medicine related courses
- Environmental science
- Petroleum related courses
- Social science
- International Relations
- Languages, etc.
B) For Postgraduate Level (Masters Degree and Ph.D), the scholarship is available in all field.
INTENDED APPLICANTS SHOULD PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
(BEA countries are non-English speaking, therefore, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language course of the country of choice)
- All Japan applicants must have a very strong background in Further Mathematics
- All Hungarian applicants are eligible to apply up to two fields of studies. Please follow this link ( complete the form online and print it to the interview venue). Only for Hungarians applicants.
- For Iman Preachers and Quranic Professor applicants for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria, WAEC is the required certificate as in other scholarship awards.
REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE BROUGHT TO THE INTERVIEW VENUE
Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
ii. Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for
iii. Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
iv. State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
v. Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background; and
vi. Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates only.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
ii) Data page of current International passport; and
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals.
iv) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
For more information logon to this website http://education.gov.ng/fsb/bilateral-education-agreement/
Please, if you find this information useful and wishes to share with your friends, do not hesitate to hit the share button below.