NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (NOUN) LIST OF AVAILABLE COURSES| ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
Below are the available accredited programmes in the National Open University (NOUN). The list is provided to help students make a perfect choice of the university they want. As a matter of fact, this university has huge aspiration goals geared with the mindset of achieving them within a short period. Interestingly, the university accepts students from different tribes and this is a wonderful institution to achieve your academic goals.
This article is provided to satisfy your curiosity for the knowledge of courses offered in the University. Check also for the requirements needed to apply for admission.
NOUN Available Programmes
Below are the available programmes (courses) in the NOUN. The page will be updated as soon as any programme (s) is introduced into the system.
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
-Agricultural Economics and Agro-business
-Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
-Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
-Soil and Land Resources Management
-Crop Production and Protection Science
2. FACULTY OF ART
-Department of Languages ( French and English)
-Department of Religious Studies (Islamic and Christain)
3.FACULTY OF EDUCATION
-Early Childhood Education
-Agricultural Science Education
4. FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCE
-Department of Nursing Science
-Department of Public Health
5. FACULTY OF LAW
-Private and Property Law
6. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
-Banking and Financing
-Cooperative and Rural Development
7. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
-Department of Physic
-Department of Biology
-Department of Chemistry
-Department of Computer Science
-Department of Environmental Management and Toxicology
-Department of Mathematics/Computer Science
-Department of Information Technology
-Department of International and Diploma Studies
8. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE
-Department of Criminology and Security Studies
-Department of Economics
-Department of Mass Communication
-Department of Political Science
-Department of Tourism Studies
-Department of International and Diplomatic Studies
9. FACULTY OF ENTERPRISE GENERAL STUDIES
Courses are yet to be published
NOUN UTME Admission Requirements.
- An applicant must have at least five (5) credits in any of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE) ( West African Examinations Council (WAEC), National Examinations Council (NECO)) or equivalents at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to the course of study.
- Except in the cases of candidate for admission to the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law, and for the Bachelor of Arts in Education in the Faculty of Education, one of the credit passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in Mathematics.
- A pass in the General Paper of the Higher School Certificate is regarded as equivalent to a credit pass in English Language at ‘O’ Level.
- Applicants must write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and attain an acceptable standard in the Use of English (Compulsory) and three subjects relevant to the proposed course of study.
- Candidate must attain an acceptable standard in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
- In addition to the above requirements, Candidates must meet Faculty/Departmental Requirements ( if required)
NOUN Direct Entry Requirement.
- A minimum of five (5) subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the principal or advanced level of the G.C.E. and the others, at credit level of the SSC/GCE O/Level; no subject shall be counted at both Ordinary and Advanced Levels.
- In addition to the above general requirements, candidates must meet Departmental admission requirements stipulated by the University and reflected in the JAMB brochure. Candidates must at any point in time combine not more than 2 sittings to qualify for registration. Or
- Ordinary National Diploma with credit level or Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) with Credit level.
Please, if you find this information useful and wishes to share with your friends, do not hesitate to hit the share button below.