NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY (NDA) LIST OF AVAILABLE COURSES| ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna is one of the National Universities Commission (NUC) recognized and accredited Universities in Nigeria. Provided below are the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) accredited programmes.
This article is provided to satisfy your curiosity for the knowledge of courses offered in the University. Check also for the requirements needed to apply for admission.
NDA Available Programmes
Below are the available programmes (courses) in the NDA. The page will be updated as soon as any programme (s) is introduced into the system.
1. FACULTY OF ART AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
-Department of Economics
-Department of Accounting
-Department of Geography
-Department of Political Science and Defence Studies
-Department of Psychology
2. FACULTY OF MILITARY SCIENCES AND INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES
-Department of Intelligence and Cyber Security Studies (Core O’ level Subject: Physics)
-Department of Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Core O’ level Subject: Economics)
-Military Science and Technology (Core O’ level Subject: Physic)
3. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
-Department of Civil Engineering
-Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
-Department of Mechanical Engineering
4.FACULTY OF SCIENCE
-Department of Biological Science
-Department of Chemistry
-Department of Mathematics
-Department of Computer Science
-Department of Physics
NAD UTME Admission Requirements.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/applications portal, as well as in the JAMB Brochure and website. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility, and examination centers are as contained in the NDA website/applications portal. Please note that working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage to applicants
1. To be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) or GCE ‘O’ Level obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices.
- Credit in English Language and Mathematics.
- At least two supporting relevant credits to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences while that of Faculty of Science is shown in the columns for compulsory and relevant credits. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old as at the month of August in the year of entry into the Academy (2019). Note that candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry, and also the Nigerian Army has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
- Must not be less than 1.68 meters tall for male and 1.58 meters for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of State of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigeneship from the Office of the State Governor.
- Working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage.
2. Furthermore, candidates are to note the following:
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted.
- Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Currently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only and is limited to Navy and Army in the case of female candidates.
Please, if you find this information useful and wishes to share with your friends, do not hesitate to hit the share button below.