OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY (OAU) LIST OF AVAILABLE COURSES| ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
Below are the available accredited programmes in the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU). The list is provided to help students make a perfect choice of the university they want. As a matter of fact, this university has huge aspiration goals geared with the mindset of achieving them within a short period. Interestingly, the university accepts students from different tribes and this is a wonderful institution to achieve your academic goals. OAU also have Postgraduate School and Distance Learning.
This article is provided to satisfy your curiosity for the knowledge of courses offered in the University. Check also for the requirements needed to apply for admission.
OAU Available Programmes
Below are the available programmes (courses) in the OAU. The page will be updated as soon as any programme (s) is introduced into the system.
1. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
-Education Technology & Library Studies
-Adult Education and Lifelong Learning
-Educational Foundations and Counseling
-Arts and Social Sciences Education
-Science and Technology Education
-Institute of Education
-Physical and Health Education
2. FACULTY OF LAW
-Jurisprudence and Private Law
3. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
4. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE
-Demography and Social Statistics,
-Sociology & Anthropology
5. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
-Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
-Family, Nutrition & Consumer Sciences
6. FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT
-Fine and Applied Arts
-Urban and Regional Planning
7.FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCE
-Anatomy and Cell Biology
-Medical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
-Hematology and Immunology
-Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
-Morbid Anatomy and Forensic Medicine
8. FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY
-Department of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering,
-Department of Chemical Engineering,
-Department of Civil Engineering,
-Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
-Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
-Department of Food Science and Technology,
-Department of Mechanical Engineering,
-Department of Materials Science and Engineering,
-African Institute for Science Policy and Innovation, AISPI (Technology Planning and Development Unit; TPDU).
9. FACULTY OF PHARMACY
-Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Administration
-Drug Research and Production Unit
10. FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
-Child Dental Health
-Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral
-Preventive and Community Dentistry
11. FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
-Dermatology and Venereology
-Obstetrics, Gynaecology, and Perinatology
-Orthopedics and Traumatology
-Pediatrics and Child Health
12. FACULTY OF HISTORY
-Institute of Cultural Studies
OAU UTME Admission Requirements.
- An applicant must have at least five (5) credits in any of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE) ( West African Examinations Council (WAEC), National Examinations Council (NECO)) or equivalents at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to the course of study.
- Except in the cases of candidate for admission to the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law, and for the Bachelor of Arts in Education in the Faculty of Education, one of the credit passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in Mathematics.
- A pass in the General Paper of the Higher School Certificate is regarded as equivalent to a credit pass in English Language at ‘O’ Level.
- Applicants must write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and attain an acceptable standard in the Use of English (Compulsory) and three subjects relevant to the proposed course of study.
- Candidate must attain an acceptable standard in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
- In addition to the above requirements, Candidates must meet Faculty/Departmental Requirements ( if required)
OAU Direct Entry Requirement.
- A minimum of five (5) subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the principal or advanced level of the G.C.E. and the others, at credit level of the SSC/GCE O/Level; no subject shall be counted at both Ordinary and Advanced Levels.
- In addition to the above general requirements, candidates must meet Departmental admission requirements stipulated by the University and reflected in the JAMB brochure. Candidates must at any point in time combine not more than 2 sittings to qualify for registration. Or
- Ordinary National Diploma with credit level or Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) with Credit level.
Please, if you find this information useful and wishes to share with your friends, do not hesitate to hit the share button below.